We would like to thank the Ford Motor Company Fund for supporting Crisis at Christmas for the second year in a row. In 2020 their funding was spent on wellbeing packs which were handed out to Christmas guests at our hotels, whilst for 2021 their generous grant of $20,000 went towards Crisis at Christmas gifts.
The Fund's grant covered the cost of 504 Christmas gifts, supporting our Christmas services as well as our all-year-round work. Our 2021 Christmas hotels offered guests (people experiencing homelessness):
- Hot meals and Christmas lunch
- Safe place to stay
- Long term personal case worker
- Year-round support with training and education
- Advice on housing, employment, welfare and benefits
- Companionship from volunteers
- Phone and online support
- Health and wellbeing programmes
- The chance to leave homelessness behind for good.
In addition, Crisis was gifted two vehicles by the Fund, which made a huge difference during the busy lead up to Christmas as our Christmas team used them to pick up donated items such as food, toiletries and activities equipment and get them safely to our Christmas warehouse for distribution.
Thank you to everyone at Ford Motor Company Fund for choosing to stand by side with Crisis and people experiencing homelessness for 2021.